|About SchoolDigger rankings
- Ranking updates are approximately yearly, usually the same day the California Department of Education releases their test scores. Last update for California was August 12, 2013.
- Each school is ranked by calculating an Average Standard Score across grades. The school with the highest Average Standard Score is ranked #1. For specific details about our ranking process, see our Ranking FAQ.
- Test scores included in the rankings include: STAR English Language Arts Standards, STAR Algebra I, STAR Integrated Math 1, STAR Geometry, STAR Integrated Math 2, STAR Algebra II, STAR Integrated Math 3, STAR Summative High School Mathematics, STAR World History, STAR Biology/Life Sciences, STAR Chemistry, STAR Earth Science, STAR Physics, STAR Integrated/Coordinated Science I, STAR Integrated/Coordinated Science II, STAR Integrated/Coordinated Science III, STAR Integrated/Coordinated Science IV, STAR Science, CAHSEE English Language Arts, CAHSEE Math, STAR U.S. History, STAR General Mathematics
- This is a new version of our rankings system, which was released in April. For your reference, our previous rankings will be available for a limited time.
- Data Source: National Center for Education Statistics, U.S. Dept of Education and California Department of Education